Alexandria and Central Louisiana OHV and ATV Trails
Alexandria, Pineville and the surrounding Central Lousiana area have a variety of outdoor attractions and recreational areas. Included on this page is a list of popular OHV, ATV, motocross, biking and off-road trails and camps in the Alexandria area.
Kisatchie National Forest
The Kisatchie National Forest offers many opportunities for visitors to enjoy and explore the beautiful natural scenery of Central Louisiana. The forest includes more than 604,000 acres, is spread across seven parishes in Louisiana. Operations are divided into managed units called Ranger Districts, including:
Visitors can utilize many recreation areas, view endangered species or geologic sites, ride the trails, camp, and hike.
Popular Mutli-Use trails are available at the former Camp Livingston and Camp Claiborne sites and are administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Kisatchie National Forest.
The national forest also includes Kincaid Recreation Area, Valentine Lake Recreation Area, and the Wild Azalea Trail. Admision fees may be charged.
U.S. Forest Service Catahoula District and Camp Livingston Multiple-Use Trails
The Camp Livingston area offers biking, hiking, OHV trails and other recreational opportunities including:
- Hickman Trailhead (Trail) - Operated by USDA Forest Service. This is a moderately difficult trail that traverses through varying trail types but is predominately upland pine hills. Although the Hickman Trail is a loop trail, it can be used with the Little Creek Trail Loop to extend a visitor's experience.
- Little Creek Trailhead (Trail) - Operated by USDA Forest Service. The Little Creek Loop Trail is an easy-to-moderate OHV trail that traverses across a wide variety of terrain.
For current maps, usage restrictions, facilities, alerts and warnings, visit the website of the Kisatchie National Forest Catahoula Ranger District about recreational activities
Calcasieu District and the Camp Claiborne Multiple-Use Trail
The Claiborne Multiple Use Trail includes a 70-mile system for hiking, walking, OHV riding and biking.
Claiborne trails are available for ATV, motorcycle, and horse use. Hiking and biking are also allowed on Claiborne and Enduro Trails; however, they are primarily used for motorized and equestrian riders.
For current maps, usage restrictions, facilities, alerts and warnings, visit the website of the Kisatchie National Forest Calcasieu Ranger District about recreational activities
Calcasieu District Area Highlights
- North Loop, 19 miles
- Woodworth Loop, 27 miles
- Boy Scout Loop, 31 miles
- Enduro Trail - Operated by USDA Forest Service. From Cravens intersection of Hwy 10 and Hwy 399 N, take 399 north 1.9 miles and turn left on Road #440. Proceed 1.2 miles and turn left on road #442 into the Enduro Camp & Trailhead.
- Evangeline Camp - Operated by USDA Forest Service. 4 miles south of Louisiana Highway 28 on Forest Road 273 (Messina Road).
- Boy Scout Camp - Operated by USDA Forest Service. Designated for use by motorcycle campers. Neat Forest Hill, Louisiana.
- Loran/Claiborne Trailhead Camp - Operated by USDA Forest Service. These trails are available for ATV, motorcycle, and horse use. Hiking and biking are also allowed on the trail; however, they are primarily used for motorized and equestrian rider. The Ahtus Melder Camp is used by equestrian riders utilizing the Claiborne Trails.
Kisatchie District Area Highlights
- Corral Camp - Operated by USDA Forest Service. Primitive camp inside the National Red Dirt Wildlife Management Preserve. This camp is available for OHV and general camping.
- Lotus Camp - Operated by USDA Forest Service. Visitors to the Kisatchie Ranger District for the purpose of OHV riding can utilize the Lotus Camp for day-use and camping.
- Sandstone Multi-Use Trail - Operated by USDA Forest Service. 36 miles in length. This trail offers a wide range of scenic views and riding experiences. The trail is designated for OHVs, motorcycles, horseback riding, mountain biking, and hiking.
Other Louisiana OHV/ATV Trails
- Louisiana Mudfest - 12220 Highway 8, Colfax, Louisiana
- Bon Temps ATV Park - 287 Ahrens Land, Basile, Louisiana
- Catahoula Recreation - 905 Bend Road, Sicily Island, La. 71368
- Muddy Bottoms ATV & Recreation Park - 100 Muddy Bottoms Drive, Sarepta, LA 71071
- Tower Trax ATV Recreation Park - 10247 Highway 10, Fluker, Louisiana
Central Louisiana Power Sports Dealers
Central Louisiana offers a number of power sports dealers, such as the following, and others as well:
- Loewer Powersports - 5909 Coliseum Blvd, Alexandria
- CenLA Moto-Sport - 5518 Monroe Hwy, Ball, LA
- Natchitoches Power Sports - 367 South Drive, Natchitoches, LA
- Sawgie Bottom Outdoor Power Sports - locations in Alexandria and Leesville
Alexandria and Pineville RV Parks and Resorts
RV parks and resorts offer a variety of features and amenities. Here is a short list of area RV parks:
- River Cities RV Park
- Alexandria RV Park near Boyce
- Country Living RV Park on Highway 28 East
- Oxbow Marina RV Park
- Hidden Treasure RV Park - 16 miles outside of Alexandria, LA via I-49 or LA Highway 28.
Alexandria-Pineville & CenLA Attractions and Things to Do